logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

upamfva
#1 Skrevet : 23. maj 2022 05:35:13(UTC)
upamfva

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: upamfva

Silicone Vs Acrylic Roof Coatings: Which is Right for My Roof?

Commercial roof coatings are a perfect solution for those property managers that are looking for a simple solution for a leaking or aging roof. Silicone and acrylic roof coatings are both popular options that can solve your leak problems and prolong a roof’s lifespan.Get more news about Silicone Roofing Sealant,you can vist our website!

However, it depends on the roofing system, conditions and current temperatures as to which option best suits your commercial roofing restore needs. Knowing the benefits, drawbacks and limitations of silicone and acrylic coatings can help you to make a more informed decision.

BENEFITS OF SILICONE ROOF COATINGS
Silicone roof coatings are extremely UV stable and reflect up to ninety percent of the sun’s harmful rays. This greatly reduces the cooling load, lowers utility bills and increases indoor comfort.

They are also very flexible and durable due to the high concentrate of solids. This composition of high solid requires less material and allows for a single application, saving time and labor.

They can withstand extreme temperatures, downpours and oxidation. Silicone coatings are better at protecting structures from ponding water than acrylic coatings.

DRAWBACKS OF SILICONE COATINGS
While silicone is an excellent choice, they tend to attract dirt and dust which requires routine maintenance to avoid the coating from losing its reflective benefits. Silicone coatings are also slippery when wet, requiring a ‘Walk Pad’ installed in highly trafficked areas.

BENEFITS OF ACRYLIC ROOF COATINGS
Acrylic roof coatings are an excellent choice for many types of substrates; modified bitumen, metal, built up, single-ply and spray polyurethane foam.

These acrylic roof coatings are very cost effective, have a high UV resistance and reflectiveness. In addition, acrylic is easily applied via spraying or rolling onto the existing substrate of the roof.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.