logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

upamfva
#1 Skrevet : 4. januar 2023 07:58:56(UTC)
upamfva

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: upamfva

How to Re-Cover an Upholstered Ottoman

Do you have an ottoman — also sometimes called a hassock — that’s looking beat up or just doesn’t go with anything you’ve got? Bring it back to life by wrapping it in new fabric. The fabric was dated on this secondhand treasure, but the structure was in good shape. When thrifting, look for pieces that have good bones; the fabric and paint color can always be changed.Get more news about High Quality Upholstery Pouf,you can vist our website!

Step 1: Start on Top
The top of the ottoman is the easiest part. Our ottoman has a lift-off top. If yours has a hinged top, you will need to remove the hinge. Then, lay out the fabric (right-side down) and place the top of the ottoman (top down) on the fabric. Decide how much fabric is needed to cover the top. (No need to measure, just fold it up to determine what you’ll need.) Allow a couple inches of excess fabric so you can fold it over before stapling it down.
Step 2: Fold and Press
Cut the fabric to size and make a 1-inch fold around all four sides. Iron the edges to make a clean seam. Place the ottoman top on the fabric and staple all around by stapling opposing sides while pulling the fabric tight as you go.
Step 3: Wrap It Like a Gift
The corners may be a bit tricky. Fold them in a way that is similar to wrapping a present.
Step 4: Lay Out the Fabric for the Bottom Piece
For the base of the ottoman, determine how much fabric you need. Lay the fabric right-side down on your work surface. Place the ottoman on its side on top of the fabric. Make sure there is enough fabric to cover it. You can wrap it around the whole ottoman to make sure it fits, or measure one side and multiply by 4. Again, add an extra inch or so all the way around so you have plenty of fabric to fold over the top and bottom. Fold and iron a seam on all sides.
Step 5: Fasten the Sides
Lay out the fabric and place the ottoman on its side. Begin stapling the top and bottom of one side. Now you have a secure side to pull the fabric nice and tight around the rest of the ottoman. Continue stapling around the sides and on the bottom. When you get to the end, fold the end to create a clean seam, and then staple the fabric from the inside or add a dab of fabric glue to hold the seam closed.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.