logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

pysong
#1 Skrevet : 11. april 2023 05:40:27(UTC)
pysong

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered

Chinese New Year 2023: 8 classic and new movies to watch this week

Planning for a quiet Chinese New Year this year with family? It’s not such a bad idea to stay indoors and enjoy some good Chinese New Year classic and new movies while munching on traditional snacks like pineapple tarts and bak kwa.To get more news about chinese movies 2023, you can visit shine news official website.

Beginning with the new moon that occurs between January 21 and February 20 (as per the English calendar), the Chinese New Year, also called Lunar New Year, is an annual festival that spans over 15 days. This year, it starts on 1 February.

The festival is observed in places where the lunisolar calendar is followed, and is celebrated in various Asian countries, including Singapore, South Korea, and Vietnam with much pomp and show.

If you are planning to stay home this year, you can still bring in some new year cheer by hosting virtual get-togethers, playing games online or spending some quiet time watching movies. For those who choose the latter, this curated list of Chinese New Year movies can be helpful.

It includes movies that are released during the Lunar year period and classics that can be watched any time. So get your favourite munchies ready for a Chinese New Year movie marathon and enjoy this festive season from the comfort of your home.One of the most-anticipated Chinese New Year films, Four Seas will release on 1 February. Directed by Han Han, the movie stars Liu Haoran, Zhang Youhao, Qiao Shan, Liu Haocun, Yin Zheng, Shen Teng and Zhou Qi in pivotal roles.

The story follows a young motorcycle stunt driver (Liu Haoran) who renews his relationship with his estranged father and meets a racecar brother-sister duo in a chance encounter. The three then go on a road trip, which is where all the fun lies.
Movies based on sportspersons give us an equal dose of entertainment and inspiration, and this flick is expected to be no different.

The highly anticipated film is directed by Wang Fangfang and tells the story of a coach and athlete duo that won the first-ever gold medal in the Winter Olympics for China.

Starring Meng Meiqi and Xia Yu, Breaking Through is expected to generate a lot of hype for the Winter Olympics 2022, which will be hosted by Beijing.
Stephen Chow is a master when it comes to perfectly mixing martial arts and comedy, and Kung Fu Hustle is proof of that.

The classic is based on the life of Sing (played by Chow) who wants to join an infamous gang. Sing, later, stumbles upon a community whose members exhibit exceptional kung fu skills.

As the story moves ahead, it evolves into a fight between the two sides to defend their turf. Their drive to win will keep viewers hooked on their TV screens.
Everybody was Kung fu fighting” during the 70s. One of the reasons kung fu was such a rage in the movies was because of Bruce Lee, whose movie Enter The Dragon had been released in 1973.

The film is still one of the best in the genre and is full of breathtaking stunts that keep you on the edge of your seat. Bruce Lee plays Lee, an undercover agent who is sent to partake in a tournament in Hong Kong to bust the opium trade at its establishment.
This film created a lot of buzz when it was released because of its all-Asian cast. This year, celebrate Chinese New Year with friends with a viewing of this fun-filled movie.

Crazy Rich Asians is based on Kevin Kwan’s bestselling novel by the same name. The film introduced the world to a part of Singapore that is dripping in luxury, glamour and wealth while following traditions.
The movie revolves around Rachel Chu (Constance Wu), who travels to Singapore with her boyfriend Nick Young (Henry Goulding) to attend his friend’s wedding and meet his family where she realises that he belongs to one of the richest families in the country. The plot entails the hardships Wu faces while making a place for herself in Young’s family.

The Jon M. Chu directorial includes a star-studded cast of Awkwafina as Peik Lin Goh, Michelle Yeoh as Eleanor Young, Gemma Chan as Astrid Young Teo and Lisa Lu as Ah Ma, among many others.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.