logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

panxing18
#1 Skrevet : 17. maj 2019 04:49:29(UTC)
panxing18

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: usa

BOSTON (AP) — gave the Boston Red Sox their first home victory of the season was never in doubt.The same can’t be said of Ted Williams’ claim to the longest homer in Fenway Park history.Devers hit an high-bouncing RBI single with one out in the ninthand the struggling Boston Red Sox rallied for a 7-6 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Thursday.The win came in a game in which Williams’ historic 502-foot home run was seemingly challenged by a Blue Jays homer.It was Devers’ first career walk-off RBI.After Devers reached first base Jon Lester Jersey , he was chased into shallow right field by his teammates who jumped on him, pummeling him with playful jabs.“Obviously it hasn’t gone quite our way this year,” Mitch Moreland said. “But we’ve got a great team. We just gotta keep grinding them out.”Marcus Walden pitched a scoreless ninth to earn his second victory of the season.The loss went to Ken Giles (0-1), who gave up two runs, two hits and walked three in the ninth, ending his streak of 34 consecutive converted save opportunities dating to Sept. 12, 2017. It was the longest active streak in the majors.The Blue Jays took a 5-0 lead in the third inning with a pair of home runs off Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi.The Red Sox battled back and tied the game when Moreland homered in the seventh. After Freddy Galvis put Toronto back in front with a solo home run in the eighth as part of a four-hit night http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey , Moreland tied it again in the ninth with a one-out double that scored Mookie Betts.Giles intentionally walked J.D. Martinez.Then, pinch runner Eduardo Nunez stole third, putting runners at the corners. Xander Bogaerts walked to load the bases, setting up Devers’ hit.Justin Smoak got the scoring going for Toronto. With two on in the third, he roped Eovaldi’s two-out, 99 mph fastball over the center field wall. Then, after Randal Grichuk walked http://www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey , Rowdy Tellez hit an Eovaldi cutter that landed deep in the right field bleachers.The homer was initially measured by Statcast at 505 feet, making it the longest home run in Fenway Park history, 3-feet beyond than the homer by Williams in 1946. The landing spot for that one is marked with a special red seat.But the ball seemed to land a few rows short of Williams’ famed round-tripper. A message left with Major League Baseball seeking clarification was not immediately returned. The 505-foot distance originally posted for the Tellez homer was later taken off Statcast’s website.“It’s the only home run I’ve ever hit in Fenway, so I’d probably say it’s the deepest here,” Tellez said. “Probably say all around the furthest home run I hit in the big leagues.”Tellez said he’s taking nothing from his short-lived spot in the park’s history books, though.“Absolutely nothing,” he said. “It’s a home run. All it had to go is 381 feet over the fence. It’s a cool little stat Carlos Zambrano Jersey , but it’s a tough loss so we’re more focused on that.”TRAINER’S ROOMRed Sox: Left-hander Brian Johnson (left elbow inflammation) continues to receive treatment, but currently is being restricted from all baseball activities. OF/INF Brock Holt saw a doctor for the scratched cornea in his right eye on Tuesday.SALE TO REST, FACE YANKEESManager Alex Cora said he is pushing back ace Chris Sale’s next scheduled start on Monday in what would be the series finale against the Orioles. Sale instead will get two extra days of rest and is expected to be on the mound Tuesday when the Red Sox visit the Yankees.SALUTE TO BUCHHOLZThe Red Sox played a tribute video for Blue Jays pitcher Clay Buchholz between the first and second inning. Selected by the Red Sox in the first round of the 2005 draft, the right-hander spent the first 10 major league seasons in Boston, winning World Series rings in 2007 and 2013. He also tossed a no-hitter against the Orioles in his second career start in 2007.UP NEXTBlue Jays: Trent Thornton (0-0, 1.69 ERA) will start Friday when Toronto returns home to host the Rays. He has a team record 15 strikeouts through his first two major league games.Red Sox: Eduardo Rodriguez (0-2, 12.38 ERA) is set to start Friday as Boston opens a four-game series with Baltimore. Rodriguez has a 6-5 record and 3.74 ERA in 15 career outings against the Orioles at Fenway. I’m still writing "2015 World Champion Royals" on all my checks."Royals Rumblings - News for January 2 Mark Grace Jersey , 2019MLB.com reporter Jeffrey Flanagan looks at what the Royals have left to do this off-season. Sports Illusrated has New Year’s resolutions for each team.Tyler Dierking at Kings of Kauffman looks at the outfield logjam.Baseball Prospectus Kansas City says goodbye.Hunter Dozier reveals the gender of his new baby.Japanese pitcher Yusei Kikuchi signs an interesting deal with the Mariners.The Diamondbacks are talking trades for pitcher Robbie Ray.Buster Olney thinks players may have to take drastic measures to address a stagnant market (INSIDER).Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com gives 19 bold predictions on the 2019 baseball year.A choose-your-own-adventure, Bryce Harper edition.Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs reveals his virtual Hall of Fame ballot.Floyd Mayweather fought a Japanese kickboxer and it went as well as you would have expected.This was one of the most predictable college football seasons since the 1970s.NASA’s New Horizon is studying things up close further than any other spacecraft.Netflix says 45 million people have watched Bird Box, but no one knows if that’s true or not.Sci-fi and fantasy books to look forward to in 2019.Your song of the day is The Chamber Brothers with Time Has Come Today.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.