logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

panxing18
#1 Skrevet : 6. juni 2019 03:04:17(UTC)
panxing18

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: usa

ason leagues Austin Romine Jersey , who the team could target in free agency and the unsung heros of the bullpen."Good morning, Birdland!It’s happening. The Orioles are narrowing their focus on who could be pushing the metaphorical buttons of the organization in the near future. These seem to be (at least some of) the folks that have interviewed:All of these tweets say that this group is interviewing for the “GM” job. It’s unclear if that is just being used as a blanket term here because previous reports indicated the Orioles want both a president of baseball operations and a general manager.All of the talk surrounding Ben Cherington has been that he wants to captain the ship. He would need to be named president in order to do so, and taking another GM job could be viewed as a demotion from his current position as vice president of baseball operations with the Blue Jays.The other four mentioned seem primed for GM roles. Any guess as to who is leading the race seems to be pure speculation. Ned Rice worked for the Orioles as recently as 2015. Mike Elias is part of an extremely successful front office with the Astros. Scott Sharp won a World Series with the Royals. And David Chadd has an impressive resume of his own.LinksLatest On Orioles’ GM Search - MLB Trade RumorsNames have finally started to surface in recent weeks, and it’s been at least slightly encouraging. The company line being passed through the beats right now is that the Orioles aren’t concerned about make a quick decision; they want to make the right decision. That’s fair. But it still feels like they have had more than enough time to make that right decision by now.Checking in on the O’s prospects in off-season leagues around the world - Baltimore SunRyan McKenna’s star continues to rise. Everyone else? Eh, a mixed bag. Although Chris Lee had a solid showing in the Arizona Fall League and may be set up to finally contribute in the bigs are several disappointing seasons.Even in tough times, embrace random performances from O’s Bleier & Fry - The AthleticRICHARD BLEIER-ADORNED SOUVENIR SODAS AT CAMDEN YARDS IN 2019, OR WE RIOT!!One potential free-agent target for every club - MLB.comThey have Marco Estrada going to the Orioles. OK. I mean, there is talk that the team may look to move Andrew Cashner during the offseason. Estrada might be better than Cashner, but it’s not clear-cut, so it would make little sense to trade away Cashner and bring in a similar pitcher in his place. That said, someone will need to pitch at Camden Yards next year. The internal options are not awe-inspiring http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , so the general thought that they could add a veteran hurler on a one-year deal is not far-fetched.Orioles birthdays and historyIs it your birthday? Happy Birthday! -Dariel Alvarez is 30 years old today. The Cuban outfielder-turned-pitcher signed with the O’s back in 2013 and cruised through the minors before arriving in Baltimore in August of 2015, but he never really stuck. He played in 14 games for the Birds between 2015 and ‘16, going 8-for-32 with two doubles and a home run. He converted to pitching in 2017, needed Tommy John surgery and became a free agent earlier this month.-Former first overall pick Kris Benson is 44 years old. He spent just one season (2006) with the Orioles after being acquired from the Mets in exchange for John Maine and Jorge Julio. Benson accumulated a 4.82 ERA over 183 innings in the orange and black.-It is also the birthday of the late Bob Hale (b. 1933, d. 2012). Hale was a first baseman in Charm City from 1955 through 1959, hitting .280/.308/.337 with 22 doubles and just one home run over 253 games.1989 - Gregg Olson is named the American League Rookie of the Year. The 22-year-old pitcher had a 1.69 ERA and saved 27 games over 85 innings of work while striking out 90 hitters. Olson was the first relief pitcher to win the award. PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Ruben Amaro Jr. had one of the best views in the house of a Boston Red Sox team on the brink of something special.Amaro just wished he could have stuck around another season as first base coach to watch the Red Sox play in the World Series.As he prepares to moonlight as an actor on the 1980-something sitcom “The Goldbergs,” Amaro is keeping a close eye on his old ballclub.“It’s tough to watch and I’m absolutely rooting for them,” Amaro said Thursday. “I’d love to be a part of it. I still feel like a part of that family. You get close to the players, the people in the front office, the staff. I still email and text them regularly. No animosity toward the organization at all. Things have to change sometimes. It’s just unfortunate I’m not a part of it.”Amaro was caught up in an organizational shake up after manager John Farrell was fired and several coaches were let go at the end of 2017. The Red Sox moved on with manager Alex Cora and they are halfway to a World Series championship. The Red Sox lead 2-0 with Game 3 Friday in Los Angeles. The Dodgers need a win to avoid an 0-3 deficit that no World Series team has ever recovered from.Amaro said the difference between last season’s 93-win team and this season has been the acquisition of J.D. Martinez, who blossomed into an MVP candidate who helped Boston win a franchise-record 108 games.“The one thing we did lack last year was a J.D. Martinez-type Bernie Williams Jersey ,” Amaro said. “Alex has done a really nice job and they’ve responded real well to him so you have to give some kudos to him, too.”Amaro spent this season coaching the New York Mets in his third season on the field after a lengthy career in Philadelphia. Amaro rose from team batboy in 1980-83 to playing for the Phillies for five seasons in the 1990s. He spent 10 seasons as assistant general manager and became GM once Pat Gillick retired after the Phillies won the 2008 World Series. Amaro was in charge when the Phillies won the 2009 NL pennant, three division titles and most wins in franchise history (102) in 2011. He was fired in 2015.He’s considered a front office comeback.“I itch at times to get that opportunity again. Don’t know if it will ever happen,” he said. “I do have some interest in doing that. But now that I’m back on the field, you get that other itch to consider the possibility of doing some managing.”The Baltimore Orioles and Texas Rangers are the only teams with managerial vacancies, a role coaching with the Red Sox got him closer to chasing.“The important element of that was to get a much better understanding on the ground level of analytics and the role it plays in baseball,” Amaro said. “There’s a lot of good people over there in that area that I got a chance to be around and be able to utilize their information for my job.”Amaro may be rooting for the Red Sox over LA — but he’s ready for his close up in Hollywood.It’s a familiar role: Amaro will again play his father, who spent 58 years in the game, most of them with the Phillies, on “The Goldbergs.” Show creator Adam F. Goldberg attended William Penn Charter High School where Amaro Jr. was a star athlete, and 30 years later has been incorporated into the semi-autobiographical ABC show. Amaro was the captain of 1987 national champion Stanford baseball team while Goldberg was at Penn Charter. But stretching creative license C.C. Sabathia Jersey , they are friends and attend school at the same time on the show. Amaro plays his father for the second time in Wednesday’s episode, “Fiddler.”Amaro Sr. died at 81 in 2017 after a long battle with cancer.“Being able to pay homage is pretty special. My dad battled cancer for about 30 years and toward the end of his life he struggled with it,” Amaro said. “It was neat for me to play … well, not to get too sappy about it, but it made me pretty emotional.”He’s more prepared for a second act in the front office — just like he was on “The Goldbergs.”“It was a little easier the second time around. My first time I only had one line and it took 20 takes to get it,” he said, laughing.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.