logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

upamfva
#1 Skrevet : 14. maj 2021 11:18:36(UTC)
upamfva

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: upamfva

Who will end New York’s title drought?

We are a parched city. This year will mark No. 10 since the Giants won a Super Bowl, and you can’t really call a title-free decade a drought. Still, we do have a sports Sahara feel to us.To get more Giants MEN LIMITED with cheap price, you can visit giantsnfl.com official website.

This week, with so many New York teams on the upswing, a popular question I’ve fielded is this: Who’s next? Who will be the next New York team of the Big Nine to make it to the finish line? I’m going to list the teams from longest drought to shortest (as of Sunday), and the number I give is where they fall on the spectrum — 1 for most-likely to win next, 9 for least.The Jets have a new coach, a new franchise quarterback, a new direction. Jets fans — for the time being anyway — no longer bear the beleaguered look of the folks behind the desk at the DMV who’ve waited too long to take a lunch break. But they have so far to go: from dregs to respectable to competitive to contender to champion. That’s a lot of steps. They can get there. But it’s going to take a while.

You expected them to be 1, right? Well, look: If everyone stays healthy, they really should be good enough to run the table to the NBA title. But that’s the issue, right? The Nets haven’t shown any skill for staying healthy — and the playoffs are a two-month grind in which every game is necessary, and rife with possibilities for strains, sprains and other adventures. Do you think they’ll escape that gauntlet unscathed? Really?

It is hard to determine just how close the Knicks are because they are at least one huge impact player (and maybe two) away from being in a title conversation. Still, the positive vibes from this season are impossible to ignore. They are definitely trending as well as any of our teams. We just need to see what the rest of the team is going to look like.

There have been times this year (mostly on nights when they’ve played the Rangers) when it’s seemed the Islanders could take those last two steps from last summer and seize a Cup for the first time since 1983. But they have also lately gotten beaten a lot by the Sabres and Devils. Which team shows up for the playoffs? That is an awfully good question.

Sure, a lot of things have to go right. But that’s the way the baseball crapshoot is. The National League looks far more wide open than anyone could have believed, and the Mets, when full, still do have the kind of pitching staff that can give any opponent the short-series blues. If they could only still be standing in October, they could stand for quite a while.

This week’s shenanigans notwithstanding, the Rangers’ rebuild hasn’t exactly laid them at the door of elite status just yet. And who knows what Chris Drury is capable of. Hard to believe we are already halfway back to 54 years, isn’t it?

The Devils aren’t quite the Jets when it comes to starting-over territory, but the disparity between them and the other two teams in town is big enough, and it’s not like either the Rangers or Islanders are anyone’s version of an immediate contender.

Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.