logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

upamfva
#1 Skrevet : 27. januar 2022 05:33:13(UTC)
upamfva

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: upamfva

ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLES: THE STATE WE’RE IN

WE’RE BEYOND DEBATING whether or not the future of personal transportation is electric. Government bans on internal combustion engines are no longer decades-away concepts; they’re right around the corner. Harley-Davidson spun off its electric future into an entirely separate company, BMW recently released a slew of intriguing concepts, Husqvarna is teasing a number of battery-powered vehicles, and Triumph and Kawasaki both have concepts in the pipeline.To get more news about davincimotor, you can visit davincimotor.com official website.

It’s a watershed moment for the electric motorcycle industry, and, by extension, the motorcycle industry at large. And it’s a moment worth taking a snapshot of—so we rounded up a handful of experts in this space, and hurled a few basic questions their way.Our panel includes Dave Mucci, one of the most gifted industrial designers and custom motorcycle builders we know, and who is now senior designer at Zero. It also includes ex-Alta designer turned senior industrial designer at LiveWire, John McInnis, who has a sharp eye and an ever-fresh perspective.
There’s also Hugo Eccles, the U.S.-based half of Untitled Motorcycles, who is a design professor and an industry consultant with a number of tasty projects under his belt and in the works. Joining them are Matthew Waddick, who just launched his own electric motorcycle company, Switch, and Cake founder and CEO, Stefan Ytterborn.Stefan Ytterborn: The main hurdles are related to a general lack of maturity. From a user perspective, changing the attitude from the current motorcycling market and its attributes, developed through decades, is a tough one. With the love for the smell of gasoline, noise, and relative complexity, accepting something that’s pretty much the opposite doesn’t come easy.

It’s also important to underline that they are two completely different animals; trying to replicate and copy the character of a gasoline bike is not the way. Optimizing a two-wheeled motorized electric vehicle in conjunction with its constitution—the result is a unique and different riding experience. Society and lawmaking is a different story, being far behind the rapid development; in some countries and states, you can’t even register an electric motorcycle.John McInnis: The most obvious hurdle is the cultural aspect, which is largely due to age demographics and what you grew up with, and I think that will exist until the last generation to use gasoline is gone. This is merely anecdotal, but I personally know a far greater number of people that are older than I am that are resistant to EV adoption than younger folks. However, having witnessed it firsthand, it is pretty entertaining watching someone’s mindset shift in real time as they demo an electric motorcycle for the first time.

The other huge hurdle is range. It’s scary thinking about where you’re going to get your next charge-up from if you can’t refill down the street. I will say, having made the shift myself, it does take some getting used to. I have absolutely forgotten to plug my bike in and ended up in a bad spot in the morning.
But level-three DC fast-charging is also making electric motorcycling far more accessible than it was even just five years ago. I’ve done 136 miles on a LiveWire, DC fast-charged back up to 80 percent in 35 minutes, and rode another 80 miles. No, it won’t make it to Sturgis, but for most of the riding I do, that’s pretty dang good. Imagine what we’ll be able to do in another five years.

Matthew Waddick: The costs of electric motorcycles are too high, and the electric motorcycle market—and the motorcycle market in general—is significantly smaller than widely perceived. There are many obstacles and barriers to entry, including the high costs of production, a lack of understanding about getting a bike to market, design development and product issues, plus supply chain, sourcing, and manufacturing issues. That all makes it hard to produce a bike for a reasonable price.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.