logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

upamfva
#1 Skrevet : 23. september 2022 08:03:15(UTC)
upamfva

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: upamfva

NYC Thieves Seen Taking 400 Life-Saving Vests Donated for Ukrainian Medical Workers

A team of thieves has eluded detectives' efforts to retrieve 400 bulletproof vests destined for Ukrainian medical workers stolen from a New York City non-profit organization for almost two months -- but police are hopeful video will help track down the suspects.To get more news about bulle proof vest, you can visit bulletproofboxs.com official website.

Exclusive new video shows the March heist from the offices of the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America on Second Avenue in Manhattan. Police say the black trash bags carried out of the non-profit, as seen in the video, held the hundreds of life-saving vests donated by local law enforcement agencies.
In the span of less than three hours, three different vans pulled up in front of the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America building in the East Village, with multiple people in masks hopping out of each of them and casually walking inside. Surveillance video from a deli next door showed them then haul out large brown boxes full of the bulletproof gear, and then driving away.

"People right now in our community, they’re either in church praying, or everyone is feeling disenfranchised. They have no power right now, and then this happens, and that absolutely affects people," said Andrij Dobriansky, a spokesperson for the UCCA.The vests were meant for medics, humanitarian workers, and others who have joined the fight against the Russian military, not Ukrainian soldiers themselves, officials said.

"Who isn’t being supplied are territorial defenses, the people who are getting humanitarian supplies across. So these kinds of donations — whether they come from Suffolk County, we have a lot of police precincts in New Jersey and upstate New York also donating, these are why it’s important," said Dobriansky.
One person was taken into custody Wednesday after police in Mount Pleasant received what they described as a “weapons call.”Officers responded to a location on Founders Way just before 12:30 p.m. after receiving reports that a person in a bullet-resistant vest had fired multiple shots.

“Once officers made contact, the person followed their instructions, and was taken into custody without incident,” said Inspector Don Calabrese with the Mount Pleasant Police Department.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.