logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

panxing18
#1 Skrevet : 17. maj 2019 04:20:07(UTC)
panxing18

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: usa

PHOENIX (AP) —t thrown out at home plate on Nick Ahmed’s hit in the bottom of the ninth inning. Kelly was on deck Jack Morris Jersey , and the play served as motivation for the Arizona Diamondbacks catcher.Kelly then drilled a single into the left field corner, scoring Ahmed with two outs to lift the Diamondbacks over the struggling Boston Red Sox 5-4 on Saturday night.“You want to get it done even more.Nick did a great job. We were that close,” Kelly said. “It gave me that little extra boost to maybe hit it over the third baseman.”Boston has dropped three straight and is 2-8 overall, a lousy start to its World Series championship defense.Colten Brewer (0-1) allowed consecutive singles to Escobar, Ahmed and Kelly in the ninth. Right fielder Mookie Betts threw out Escobar at home on Ahmed’s hit, but Kelly’s liner to left allowed Ahmed to score easily.Ahmed had taken second on the throw home from Betts.“I thought I threw some good pitches in there, but they were ready for them, I think,” Brewer said. “I threw (Kelly) a two-seam in and he just turned on it.”Kelly had two hits and three RBIs. The game-ending hit was the first of his career.“Your heart stops when you have a runner thrown out at home plate … but that didn’t stop us,” Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said. “I was really proud the way we kept pressing on.”Greg Holland (1-0) pitched a scoreless inning for the win.The Diamondbacks led 4-3 after two innings, but neither team scored again until the seventh. Jackie Bradley Jr. drew a leadoff walk against Yoshihisa Hirano and went to third on J.D. Martinez’s pinch-hit single. Andrew Benintendi drew a walk, and Betts drove in the tying run with a sacrifice fly.The Red Sox loaded the bases against one of Arizona’s top relievers, Archie Bradley, but he got Xander Bogaerts to ground into an inning-ending fielder’s choice.Boston starter David Price worked six innings http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-curtis-granderson-jersey , allowing four runs and seven hits with four strikeouts.Luke Weaver improved from his last start for Arizona, giving up three runs, five hits and two walks with four strikeouts over five innings. Weaver yielded four earned runs in 4 1/3 innings against the Dodgers on March 30.The Red Sox scored the game’s first three runs in the second. Bogaerts led off with a walk and went to third with heads-up baserunning on a single to shallow center by Rafael Devers. Eduardo Nunez’s groundout scored Bogaerts, and one out later, Devers came home on Price’s single past first base. That was Price’s first career RBI and his fourth hit in 50 at-bats.Benintendi hit a ground-rule double to center field, scoring Christian Vazquez to make it 3-0.The Diamondbacks took the lead in the next half-inning. Ahmed singled in David Peralta from third base with one out, and Kelly followed with a two-run double. Adam Jones singled in Kelly, who crossed home before a close play on Jones at second base. Jones was first called safe at second, but the Red Sox challenged and the play was reviewed and overturned.“That’s been one of my Achilles’ heels for a lot of my career, having that one tough inning, and it cost me a ballgame,” Price said. “We just need to get back home, and our fans will remind us how good we are.”Red Sox manager Alex Cora tried to keep things positive.“It’s not perfect right now, obviously Aaron Loup Jersey , but the quality of the at-bats were better today,” Cora said, vowing the defending champs will be fine. “They kept fighting. … There’s no frustration. We just keep grinding.”ROOF ITThe retractable roof at Chase Field opened with no problems as the top of the fourth inning got underway. The roof malfunctioned Friday during the Diamondbacks’ home opener.TRAINER’S ROOMRed Sox: INF-OF Brock Holt and LHP Brian Johnson were placed on the 10-day injured list. Holt has a scratched cornea in his right eye, and Johnson has left elbow inflammation. … INF Tzu-Wei Lin and RHP Marcus Walden were called up from Triple-A Pawtucket. Lin grounded out as a pinch-hitter in the ninth.Diamondbacks: LHP T.J. McFarland (shoulder) threw 20 pitches in a simulated game and Lovullo was encouraged. … RHP Taijuan Walker is set for a 40-pitch bullpen as he comes back from elbow surgery a little less than a year ago.UP NEXTDiamondbacks RHP Merrill Kelly (1-0) is set for his second start of the season Sunday against Boston. He allowed three runs in six innings at San Diego to earn the win. Cora said RHP Hector Velazquez, who has appeared in three games as a reliever this season, will start for Boston. The D-backs acquired Escobar hoping to catch lightning in a bottle; it was more of a light shower."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diamondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang Food2018 Arizona Diamondbacks Player Reviews: #10, Eduardo EscobarNew,15commentsThe D-backs acquired Escobar hoping to catch lightning in a bottle; it was more of a light shower.a fringe bench bat to legitimate starter. Escobar was a main reason for a decent start to the season for the Twins and was arguably the top infielder available after the Manny Machado trade to the Dodgers.The D-backs probably had minimal contact with the Twins about Escobar before a regular Thursday game against the Cubs but Jake Lamb re-injured his shoulder, with the end result of him being placed on the injured reserved. The front office responded in turn, acquiring Escobar that next day for a smattering of 3 young prospects who are 2 years away from being 2 years away. While it wasn’t on the level of a J.D Martinez acquisition, public opinion of the trade was a good one and the D-backs were immediately rewarded, as Escobar went 2 for 4 in a 9-4 win against the Padres. Lamb was on the DL and 3rd base was Eduardo’s for the rest of the year.Eduardo was just as advertised for the team down the stretch; he continued the solid performance in August, slashing 275/.346/.473 and providing an improvement on the defensive side compared to the inconsistent 2018-version of Lamb. September saw a performance swoon from just about everyone, Escobar included. Of course Matt Adams Jersey , that didn’t stop Escobar from walking off the Dodgers late in the season.Your browser does not support HTML5 video.Unforunately, the end of the season meant Escobar was a free agent, able to sign with any team in the league. As a 30 year old coming off two strong seasons while having positional flexibility to play anywhere in the infield (and some outfield in a pinch), Escobar was setup to cash in. Ben Zobrist was in a similar situation a couple years prior, coming off a couple very good recent offensive seasons while showing excellent positional flexibility. The Cubs rewarded him with a 4 year, $56 million deal. Of course, Ben was also 34 but age hasn’t been an issue for him as he’s been a stud going into his last season with the team.Which is why Escobar signing a seemingly below-market deal (3 years, $21 million) to stay with Arizona seems like such a weird outcome, especially when you consider Eduardo signed very early in the offseason. I’ll let Eduardo explain his reasoning (Athletic subscription required):Of course, it helps that Scottsdale houses his favorite restaurant, Fogo De Ch茫o. During the season, he hosted a fundraiser supporting his charity and is seen by many as a wonderful team ambassador.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.