logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

zhangzk
#1 Skrevet : 21. maj 2019 03:25:54(UTC)
zhangzk

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
United States

They are set to compete in 2019."The 2018 Yankees won 100 games and still finished eight games behind the Red Sox. As Tyler Young wrote yesterday Alex Bregman Jersey , Boston had a quiet offseason. New York didn’t hand out any monster contracts, but they retained some important pieces and added some impressive players as well. They are a popular pick to win the American League East.The Yankees beat the Orioles in 12 of their 19 meetings last season and that level of dominance could continue this season. 13 of the Yankees’ 50 games are against Baltimore, and the O’s aren’t exactly heading north with the most talented roster. Additions and subtractionsThe Yankees were able to re-sign their two big trading deadline acquisitions from last summer: Zach Britton and J.A. Happ. We know how dominant of a piece Britton is in the bullpen. Retaining Happ gives them a solid, veteran left-handed starter. Both were important moves.New York’s biggest addition was LHP James Paxton, who was acquired from Seattle for a package that included prospect Justus Sheffield. The Yankees were also active in free agency without handing out huge contracts. Yesterday they signed Gio Gonzalez to a minor league deal. They bolstered their bullpen to an almost unfair level by signing RHP Adam Ottavino to a 3 year/$27M deal. Their infield was remade with the acquisitions of 2B DJ LeMahieu and SS Troy Tulowitzki. Those two former Colorado teammates have an impressive amount of All Star Game appearances, Gold Gloves, and batting titles on their collective resume. The Yankees’ biggest loss was RHP David Robertson, who signed in Philadelphia. Sonny Gray was traded to Cincinnati, but his stint in the Bronx was mostly a disaster. Andrew McCutchen, acquired late last summer, was allowed to leave as a free agent. Starting rotationIf the Yankees have a weakness, it is in the their starting pitching. Injuries have already threatened their rotation. Luis Severino is an impressive young ace, but he is battling a shoulder injury that will cost him at least April. CC Sabathia, entering what will be his final season, has only recently gotten on the mound for a simulated game after offseason knee and heart surgery. He will miss part of the season. Gonzalez will pick up the slack if he can overcome an extremely shortened spring training. The rest of the rotation is talented but comes with concerns regarding injuries and durability. Paxton is an incredible talent (11.7 K/9 last season) but pitched only 160.1 innings due to a back injury. Masahiro Tanaka has battled injuries throughout his career and threw only 156 frames last season. J.A. Happ made 31 starts last year but is now 36 years old. Gonzalez’s ERA rose to 4.21 last season and he pitched 171 innings.The bullpenIf the starting rotation is a weakness, New York’s bullpen should be able to mask it. As mentioned earlier, the bullpen that Aaron Boone will deploy is almost not fair to opposing teams (especially a certain offensively challenged club in their division). Aroldis Chapman will close games. He will be set up by fellow lefty Britton, Dellin Betances http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , and Ottavino. That is incredible. While not as widely known as the four pitchers above, Chad Green racked up 2.3 WAR last season despite not recording a save. The pen will be filled out by two of Jonathan Holder, Tommy Kahnle, Stephen Tarpley, Domingo Germ谩n, and Jonathan Loaisiga.Fangraphs projects the Yankees’ bullpen WAR to be 6.9. The next highest is the Astros at 4.7. Bullpen performance is notoriously difficult to project, but we could be looking at one of the better ones in recent memory.The lineupThe Yankees are returning most players from a lineup that scored 851 (second best in baseball) last season. They did it with power, leading the majors in home runs with 267. Big power threats Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Gary Sanchez, and Miguel Andujar all return. The Bronx Bombers will continue bombing in 2019. Gleyber Torres is an X-Factor for the Yankees. He has 24 home runs in his first 431 at bats of his MLB career. The Yankees could have a blossoming power hitter in the middle infield, as if they needed it.The Yankees’ 2018 on-base percentage of .329 ranked eighth in the majors. The addition offseason signing of DJ LeMahieu gives the Yankees some diversity to all their power. He brings a career OBP of .350 to the table. They need that, as projected leadoff man Aaron Hicks will miss the beginning of the season with a back injury. The defenseThe Yankees’ defense is about league average. They ranked 17th in baseball in Defensive Runs Saved in 2018 with 24 (for the sake of comparison, the Orioles had -94). Their 0.1 Ultimate Zone Rating also ranked them 17th. While not a major strength, the Yanks’ defense didn’t hurt them in 2018.The Yankees will be without SS Didi Gregorius until June or July as he recovers from Tommy John surgery. He was an above average defender last season (5.2 UZR) and carries a reputation as good field general. Troy Tulowitzki will replace him at shortstop, which could be a detriment to the team defense. He has two Gold Gloves in his trophy case but missed last season due to ankle issues, is now 34 years old, and carried a negative UZR in 2017. Two very promising infield bats are currently liabilities in the field. Miguel Andujar’s UZR was -16 and Baseball Reference rated his dWAR at -2.2. Gleyber Torres had a negative UZR at both middle infield positions. How those two develop defensively will be a storyline for the 2019 Yankees.ProjectionsPECOTA: 96-66Fangraphs: 96-66Bovada O/U: 96.5The Yankees have an incredible stable of young position players that are only getting better. With another year of experience under their collective belts Brian McCann Jersey , their offense could be scary. Combined with a nasty bullpen, the Yankees will make a run at a division title.As is the case with many clubs, starting pitching is a potential concern. All their starters are talented and have had success in the past. But age, injuries, and durability issues limit the group’s ceiling. Their success this season, and especially the postseason should they make it, will come down to their rotation. Ain’t no drag, papa’s got some brand new Drags"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Farmers onlyFeaturesPlayoffsHistory/Hall of FameFarmers onlySeason Preview - Dayton DragonsNew,3commentsAin’t no drag, papa’s got some brand new DragsEDTShareTweetShareShareSeason Preview - Dayton DragonsThe Dayton Dragons opened Midwest League play last night (and lost). And so begins another wonderful season of Dragons baseball, consistently one of the best baseball experiences in America. If you have not visited 5/3 Field to take in a ballgame, I suggest you do so with all reasonable alacrity. So who are the kids slapping on Dragons lids this summer? Let’s take a look!HittersDayton is generally the first full-season stop on a young player’s ascent through the Reds organization. Most of these fellas spent last summer getting drafted and putting in reps with short-season squads in Goodyear or Billings or Greeneville or all of the above. Or maybe they’ve spent a few years working in Dominica or Venezuela, but either way, Dayton is the first real test for most of these kids. Notably absent on this year’s roster is first-round pick Jonathan “Baseballywood” India. He spent a few weeks at the end of last season in Dayton, but he is already moving on and will begin his season in high-A Daytona. IRREGARDLESS, there are a fair number of interesting young bat-flippers on the team.At first base is notorious galoot and 1920s Irish middleweight bare-knuckle pugilist Bren Spillane. Last season, he won the Triple Crown in the Big Ten Conference, slugging a blasphemous .944 http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , before being drafted by the Reds in the third round. Mike Siani, a fourth-rounder, will patrol center field. He is the Reds’s no. 8 prospect according to Baseball America. He stands out as one of the best defensive outfielders in the minor leagues. Mariel Bautista is another notable CF, though he will likely play the corners more often with Siani around. Bautista is a Bruno Mars-level hit machine, carrying a .314 batting average in 865 PAs across the short-season levels of the Reds’ minor leagues. He also shows promising pop and discipline, making him one of the most intriguing bats in the Reds’ system. PitchersAmong the notable pitchers, Lyon “no nickname required for a handle like that” Richardson, James “The Argonaut” Marinan, and Jacob Heatherly of Snootshire County stand out. Richardson was drafted in the second round last summer. He is one of the youngest cats on the Dragons roster as he was born in the 21st century. He struggled in his pro debut with Greeneville last summer, but expect him to anchor the Dragons’ staff throughout the summer. Marinan came to the Reds last summer in a trade with the Dodgers for Zach Neal. He was a 2017 draft pick, snatched by the Dodgers in the fourth-round. Heatherly is another ‘17 pick (third round by the Reds). He struggled a bit in Greeneville himself, but he has the devil’s left hand and no sense of decorum. Every spring I tell myself I’m going to see more than a few Dragons games in Dayton, but then my dumb life gets in the way and I never get to do the things I want to do. I suppose that is my fault though, as I have made choices in my life that make it more difficult to see the Dragons when I want to. That’s on me.Anyway, go Dragons. I hope Birdzerk comes around again this year.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.