logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

zhangzk
#1 Skrevet : 12. august 2019 03:46:38(UTC)
zhangzk

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
United States

First and foremost Sione Takitaki Jersey , the team is officially for sale.

The end of the season means Panthers owner Jerry Richardson will begin actively accepting offers to purchase the franchise he brought to the Carolinas as an expansion team in 1993. The Panthers began play in 1995 but never won a Super Bowl under Richardson, despite his promise in 1993 to win a championship ”within 10 years.”

The 81-year-old Richardson announced last month he was selling the team after reports of alleged sexual and racial misconduct in the workplace led to an NFL investigation. That investigation is ongoing.

”It will be an interesting offseason to see how things work out,” Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said as he cleaned out his locker on Monday.

”None of us have been through something like this, of course. It doesn’t happen often in the NFL.”

Panthers coach Ron Rivera at his final news conference of the season that ”it’s going to be different; it’s going to be weird” not having Richardson around.

While the league will surely push to keep a franchise in Charlotte, where it has successfully sold out all but two games during its history, there is no telling if the new owners would consider moving the team. Rivera hopes the Panthers stay in Charlotte.

”I think this is a great area and I think we have shown that we (are) supported by the community,” Rivera said.

Panthers interim general manager Marty Hurney got emotional Monday as he shook hands with players as they left the locker room.

He tried to hold back tears when asked about the end of the Richardson era.

”Sure, it’s more emotional,” said Hurney, who previously worked for the Panthers from 1998-2012. ”Anytime the finality of losing a playoff game is hard to take. And then when you have these other things it’s hard.”

The impending sale of the team is just one of many uncertainties surrounding the Panthers this offseason. Here are some others:

FRONT OFFICE QUESTIONS: While Rivera received a two-year contract extension through 2020 last week, the Panthers front office remains up in the air. Hurney was re-hired by Richardson to serve on an interim basis last summer but his contract expires June 30.

Hurney said Monday he would like to stay on, saying ”I love what I’m doing right now.” Rivera and several players also threw their support behind Hurney coming on in a full-time role again.

REPLACING ANOTHER COORDINATOR: Rivera seems pretty certain he will lose a defensive coordinator for the second straight offseason with Steve Wilks scheduled to meet with the Giants, Lions and Colts for vacant head coaching positions.

Wilks is viewed as a favorite in New York Sheldrick Redwine Jersey , where former Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman is now calling the shots. Rivera said if Wilks leaves he’s leaning toward promoting an assistant from inside the organization.

”I feel really good about the guys that we have in place and being able to replace Steve,” Rivera said. That means linebackers coach Al Holcomb, defensive line coach Eric Washington and defensive backs coach Curtis Fuller would be the top candidates.

PEPPERS UNDECIDED ON FUTURE: The future of defensive end Julius Peppers remains uncertain, too. Peppers, who turns 38 this month, said he will take some time before making a decision whether to return for a 17th season.

Peppers had a successful season with 11 sacks and two forced fumbles in a situational role and served as a valuable mentor in the locker room to players such as Mario Addison. ”He can play as long as he wants, clearly,” said defensive end Charles Johnson.

ROSTER CHANGING: While linebacker Thomas Davis said ”the window is still open” for the Panthers to win a Super Bowl, the reality is this is getting to be an old football team. Peppers is not alone in the long-in-the-tooth category.

Safety Mike Adams will be 37 next season, Davis 35, Olsen and center Ryan Kalil 33, Johnson 32, running back Jonathan Stewart 31 Austin Seibert Jersey , and safety Kurt Coleman and nickel cornerback Captain Munnerlyn will have turned 30. All but Munnerlyn are starters. Olsen thinks the core of the team will remain.

”This is a team that has been very competitive and I don’t see why anyone would come in and mess with that,” Olsen said.

DEEP THREAT NEEDED: Clearly one of the biggest needs for the Panthers this offseason will be finding some help for Cam Newton, particular a deep threat at wide receiver.

While last year’s second-round pick Curtis Samuel and Damiere Byrd helped fill that role at times this season, neither could stay healthy leaving the Panthers without a player who could stretch the defense.

The Panthers let wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. walk last offseason in free agency and it bit them again Sunday as Ginn caught an 80-yard touchdown pass in the Saints’ wild-card win.

After launching 10 home runs in their first two games against the Pirates, the Dodgers kept it in the park and still won their fourth in a row.

Rich Hill earned his first victory in three months, Yasmani Grandal and Chris Taylor drove in three runs apiece, and Los Angeles beat Pittsburgh 6-4 on Wednesday night to sweep the Pirates for the second straight year.

The Dodgers outscored the Pirates 31-8 in the series, the first time they’ve totaled 30-plus runs and 20-plus extra-base hits in a three-game series since 1950, when the Brooklyn Dodgers had 47 runs and 22 extra-base hits also against the Pirates, according to Stats LLC.

”It’s been fun. Everybody seems to be swinging the bat well,” Taylor said. ”It seems like it’s a different guy every time. We know we can manufacture runs. It just happens we’ve been scoring most by the homer.”

Hill (2-3) allowed two runs and four hits in five innings for his first victory since April 1, when he won his season debut against the Giants. The left-hander, who had been sidelined by blister issues Trysten Hill Jersey , struck out five and walked one.

It was the first time the Pirates walked in the series.

”The mechanical things we worked on a month ago I look forward to keeping the rest of the season,” Hill said.

Hill left the game with a stiff neck after an ill-advised head-first slide into home plate in the fourth.

Kenley Jansen earned a five-out save, his 23rd of the season. Pinch-hitter Corey Dickerson singled with two outs in the ninth, putting the potential tying run at the plate, but Austin Meadows struck out to end the game.

Daniel Hudson, who relieved Hill, was ejected in the sixth by first-base umpire Jeff Nelson. Hudson gave up a one-out single to Elias Diaz and then appeared to be yelling in Nelson’s direction before getting tossed. Hudson gave a dismissive wave of his right arm before retreating to the dugout.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Nelson had cautioned Hudson that his hand was carrying the ball, although Roberts said the delivery wasn’t out of the ordinary.

”He wanted Daniel to have the hand available for the runner to see,” Roberts said. ”Nelly interpreted it correctly.”

Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner was hit by a pitch from Tyler Glasnow in the fifth, but stayed in the game. The ball grazed his shoulder first before striking part of his helmet.

”It kind of shook him up,” Roberts said.

Grandal gave the Dodgers a 1-0 lead with a two-out RBI single in the first. His two-run RBI double put them back in front in the third, and Taylor followed with an RBI single to chase Clay Holmes (0-1) and make it 4-2.

Taylor’s RBI single in the fifth extended the Dodgers’ lead to 6-2.

Gregory Polanco’s two-run homer off Edward Paredes in the eighth left Pittsburgh trailing 6-4.

The Pirates briefly led 2-1 on Starling Marte’s two-out RBI double just inside the left-field line in the third.

Pittsburgh lost its third in a row and went 4-5 on its nine-game trip to New York, San Diego and Los Angeles.

”The game shows you where you need to improve Connor McGovern Jersey ,” manager Clint Hurdle said. ”It gives you immediate feedback.”

Holmes gave up four runs and five hits in 2 1/3 innings of his first major league start. The right-hander struck out two and walked three, all in the first inning when he needed 35 pitches.

”I made some good pitches,” Holmes said. ”But they had some good takes and made me work a little extra in the first.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Dodgers: RHP Walker Buehler (right rib microfracture) is set to throw a simulated game in Anaheim on Sunday. That session should end his rehab and he will return to the club. … RHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (left groin strain) will go to spring training camp in Arizona while the Dodgers are on a seven-game trip to Anaheim and San Diego. Ryu will be joined there by RHP Pedro Baez (right biceps tendinitis), LHP Tony Cingrani (left shoulder strain) and RHP Josh Fields (right shoulder inflammation).

ADVENTURE IN BASE RUNNING

Hill notched his first hit of the season with a perfectly placed bunt single in the fourth and his first since Sept. 27, 2017. That launched his adventure on the base paths. He advanced to second and third on wild pitches. Hill slid home head-first only to get tossed out on a double-play ball by Max Muncy. ”Sliding head-first into home plate for a pitcher is no-no,” Taylor said. Hill said he would get treatment on his neck. ”I just need to learn how to slide feet-first,” he said.

UP NEXT

Pirates: Off on Thursday before RHP Trevor Williams (6-6, 4.22 ERA) starts at home Friday against Philadelphia. He has lost his last two starts.

Dodgers: After an off-day, RHP Kenta Maeda (5-5, 3.36) starts the series opener Friday in Anaheim. He is 1-1 with a 3.27 ERA in two career starts against the Angels.

Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.