logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

zhangzk
#1 Skrevet : 12. august 2019 05:22:44(UTC)
zhangzk

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
United States

GREEN BAY PACKERS (7-9)New faces: GM Brian Gutekunst Tony Pollard Jersey , offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, TE Jimmy Graham, TE Marcedes Lewis, QB DeShone Kizer, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, rookie ILB Oren Burks, ILB Antonio Morrison, CB Tramon Williams, rookie CBs Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson, P JK Scott.Key losses: Retired GM Ted Thompson, defensive coordinator Dom Capers, WR Jordy Nelson, G Jahri Evans, TE Richard Rodgers, QB Brett Hundley, S Morgan Burnett Noah Fant Jersey , CB Damarious Randall.Strengths: QB Aaron Rodgers healthy again after being limited to seven games because of collarbone injury. Graham provides much-needed athletic and playmaking presence at tight end. Graham, Lewis and returnee Lance Kendricks form deep tight end group. and Randall Cobb still has potential to turn short passes into big gains. Running back-by-committee with Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones and Ty Montgomery. Strong starting five on line when healthy. D-line could be scary good with Wilkerson joining already strong core of Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark and Dean Lowry. ILB Blake Martinez led team in tackles. Tramon Williams brings veteran presence to CB position also injected with more athleticism with drafting of Alexander and Jackson. Fifth-year S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix entering option year of rookie contract. K Mason Crosby steady and reliable. JK Scott showing why Packers took punter in fifth round with strong leg in practice.Weaknesses: Poor showing by second-string line in third preseason game against Raiders again raised questions about quality depth beyond starters, particularly at tackle. Keeping Rodgers healthy of utmost importance, especially after pass game struggled with backup Brett Hundley in 2017. DeShone Kizer, acquired from Browns in offseason, new backup after Hundley dealt to Seattle. Geronimo Allison appears capable of joining Adams and Cobb as one of top three wideouts, but returnee Trevor Davis hampered by hamstring injury. Packers otherwise young at WR, including three drafted rookies. Pass-rush options behind OLBs Clay Matthews and Nick Perry in question. Morrison late acquisition from Colts because of season-ending knee injury to Jake Ryan and shoulder injury later in camp to Burks. Despite their playmaking potential, Alexander, Jackson and second-year player Kevin King still young and subject to on-job training.Fantasy Player To Watch: Graham. 6-foot-7 tight end could be Rodgers’ new favorite target in red zone.Vegas Says: Super Bowl 14-1. Over/under wins 10.Expectations: Return to playoffs as long as Rodgers remains healthy. He shows no signs of slowing down otherwise, and Graham can help open middle of field and draw attention away from Adams and Cobb, and vice versa. With fresh voice on defense with Pettine, improvements on that side of ball may hold key to whether Pack can get back to top of NFC North and make deep postseason run. Where have all the black coaches gone?To the unemployment line, at least in the NFL. Five of the eight coaches fired over — and since — the last season were black, and so far none of them has been rehired as head coaches in the league.That leaves two African-American coaches still standing among 32 NFL teams. And in a league where more than two thirds of players are black that’s not nearly enough.The news Wednesday that the Denver Broncos were hiring Vic Fangio as head coach and the New York Jets were going with Adam Gase as their new coach means six of the eight teams looking for new coaches have found their man.And so far none of the new hires have been minorities.That’s not a new problem in the NFL http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dalton-risner-jersey , of course. It’s also one the league has addressed with the Rooney Rule that ensures minority candidates are interviewed for any head coaching openings and other front office positions.The rule was a step forward, and for a long time it seemed to be working. To make sure, the NFL just last month announced changes to strengthen it.The changes were hailed as a breakthrough at the time by former Giants linebacker Harry Carson, executive director of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which promotes diversity in NFL coaching and executive ranks. They came after a season in which seven coaches were replaced — and only one of the replacements was black.“After last season’s hiring cycle, something had to be done,” Carson said. “These enhancements should strengthen the rule and ensure that it applies as intended and truly gives candidates of color a fair chance.”So far, not so good. Teams may be interviewing minority candidates but, lately at least, they’re not hiring them.And if last year was a step back from true diversity, this year has started off even worse.Of the last 13 coaching hires in the NFL over two seasons, the only minority hire has been Steve Wilks — and he was fired by the Arizona Cardinals after just one year. The only two black coaches left in the NFL — which at its peak in 2011 had eight coaches of color — are Anthony Lynn of the Chargers and Mike Tomlin of the Steelers.“I liked it better when there was eight and not just two,” said Richard Lapchick, director of the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport at Central Florida. “But I do think there is a cyclical nature to this and that may be part of it.”Lapchick, who authors annual reports on the level of diversity in all the major professional leagues, said the NFL experienced a similar dip in the hiring of black coaches after the 2011 season into 2014. Then the hiring picked up again to the point in the last two years when there were eight coaches of color — including Panthers coach Ron Rivera, who is Hispanic.He’s hoping that this dip may also be short-lived Drew Lock Jersey , while others believe promising black coaches may get more opportunities if the Rooney Rule was expanded to include coordinator positions, too.“Am I concerned there are (two) coaches of color?” Lapchick asked. “Of course, and if I hadn’t just gone through it in my head looking at 2011 and the three years after that I would have been deeply discouraged by what I saw at the end of this season.”Just why the number of minorities is down depends on who you’re talking to, though it’s certainly not for a lack of qualified candidates. There are black coaches on the staffs of almost every NFL team that potentially could run teams just as well as any of the coaches hired so far this postseasonIt doesn’t help that a few of the more recent hires are head scratching choices, at least to those outside the organizations.Arizona reached into the college ranks to tab Kliff Kingsbury, as its new head coach. That by itself was unusual since Kingsbury had a losing record at Texas Tech and has never coached in the NFL.And Tampa Bay hired former Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, who is coming out of a one-year retirement at the age of 66 to take the Bucs job.Ultimately, of course, teams are free to hire the person they believe will lead them to the Super Bowl. And, remember, it wasn’t until 1989 when the Raiders hired Art Shell that the NFL had a black coach at all.Still, one black coach of the last 13 is a troubling trend in a league dominated by black players. Cyclical or not, that’s not the number envisioned by the NFL when the Rooney Rule was put in 16 years ago.Diversity is one of the NFL’s strengths, and one of the big reasons it is the most popular sport in America.Right now, there’s not nearly enough of it at the head coach level.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.