logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

zhangzk
#1 Skrevet : 19. september 2019 04:38:24(UTC)
zhangzk

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
United States

The team isn’t going to help him any longer. He let them down for the final time.The Browns announced Saturday night that it intends to release the former Pro Bowl wide receiver Michael Jordan Jersey , whose immense talent has been overshadowed by substance abuse that has derailed a promising career.The stunning news came just hours after the Browns said Gordon would miss Sunday’s game in New Orleans with a mysterious hamstring injury. Gordon has been suspended by the NFL for most of the past four seasons because of multiple drug violations, and the Browns have been supportive of the 27-year-old for years as he tried to get his life together.Not anymore.“This afternoon we informed Josh Gordon and his representatives that we are going to release him on Monday,” general manager John Dorsey said in a statement. “For the past six years, the Browns have fully supported and invested in Josh, both personally and professionally and wanted the best for him, but unfortunately we’ve reached a point where we feel it’s best to part ways and move forward. We wish Josh well.”The team provided no specifics about what prompted their decision to part ways with Gordon. He reported to the team’s headquarters earlier in the day, and spokesman said Gordon was evaluated by doctors and the decision was made to keep him home because of the hamstring.Gordon posted a message on his Instagram account thanking the city of Cleveland.“This place will always feel like home to me,” Gordon said. “”I’m extremely honored and blessed to grow up and start a life amongst such a passionate and motivated group of individuals. It’s been a hell of a journey with you guys. I wish all of you nothing but the best.”Gordon went on to thank the Browns “for having me. I’ll never forget me time here. Same book, next chapter.”He ended the post with, “P.S. Anybody need a deep threat WR??”It’s unclear what his imminent release means for Gordon’s playing future. Gordon was in the league’s substance-abuse program and if he failed another drug test, he could be facing more discipline.It’s possible the Browns will try to trade Gordon before Monday so they can recoup something for a player whose has wasted his massive potential. If Cleveland releases Gordon, he’ll be a free agent and can sign anywhere.Losing Gordon is a major blow to Cleveland’s offense. The Browns have receivers Jarvis Landry, rookie Antonio Callaway and Rashard Higgins, but none of them poses the same deep-field threat as the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Gordon who has breakaway speed.The Browns have had negotiations with former Dallas star Dez Bryant, but the sides have not been able to work out a deal.Gordon missed three weeks of training camp this summer to undergo counseling and treatment http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-hunter-renfrow-jersey , and he recently said he was in a good place mentally and physically.Gordon played in last week’s season opener against Pittsburgh, his first appearance in a Week 1 game since 2012, when he was a rookie.On Wednesday, Gordon, who played 69 snaps last week, said he was glad to have the opener behind him and was looking forward to playing the Saints.“Physically I felt great,” he said. “It was good to get that experience and that feeling underneath me, especially an overtime game, the weather and everything, the amount of snaps and reps, it’s good for my body to feel that. I feel great now. I felt great during the game, it was just good to see that my motor was at a decent point at that late in the game.”Gordon was expected to have an expanded role this week against the Saints after being targeted just three times in a 21-21 tie against the Steelers. He caught a game-tying, 17-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter, but was mostly used as a decoy.Gordon started the opener despite coach Hue Jackson saying he wouldn’t be on the field for the first snap as punishment for missing camp. Jackson blamed Gordon’s appearance on the first play a “mistake” and “miscommunication,” and Gordon said he was shocked to be on the field.Jackson refused to elaborate on the situation this week, saying he and the coaching staff wanted to “move on.”Gordon emerged as one of pro football’s most dynamic players in 2013 Zach Brown Jersey , when he led the league with 1,646 yards receiving and scored nine touchdowns. However, he’s been in a downward spiral since and Gordon by Commissioner Roger Goodell for the entire 2015 and 2016 seasons.He sat out the first 11 games last year before returning for Cleveland’s final five games, and caught 18 passes for 335 yards and one touchdown.His teammates had been encouraged by Gordon’s commitment to staying clean and turning his life around. Other than his unexpected absence from training camp, Gordon had been a solid teammate and there was hope he had finally turned the corner after so many setbacks.The Browns selected Gordon in the 2012 supplemental draft despite his background of drug use in college. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Marquise Brown knows too well the challenge of stretching $20 over a month to feed himself, with help from discounted meals at work and food from his junior college coach. Josh Jacobs had days when he ate only if he stole something.Brown put on about 10 pounds his first week at Oklahoma, and Jacobs gained about 30 at Alabama, helping turn him into a Southeastern Conference running back.It’s why the two likely first-round NFL draft picks happily helped volunteers fill 8,000 backpacks for hungry children Wednesday morning as part of a league initiative, Huddle Against Hunger. Both Brown and Jacobs know too well what the cans of soup, the cookies and chips mean to someone with an empty belly.“Especially being from my background and doing this type of lifestyle that I had and not knowing if I was going to eat certain days, it’s definitely dope just to be able to give back,” Jacobs said.Brown could have used one of those backpacks himself within just the past three years.“I had no food, I had nothing,” Brown said. “So just doing this I know the impact it has on someone’s life.”Growing up as the middle of five children with only his father around in Tulsa Shareef Miller Jersey , Oklahoma, Jacobs slept at times in cars and motels.“There’s been a lot of days I had to steal to eat,” Jacobs said. “So I mean just to be able to give back on that, especially with food, it’s huge. Something … a lot of people that we don’t really appreciate that much. But it’s definitely huge to be able to give back.”Brown was barely 140 pounds when he arrived at College of the Canyons in California needing to work on both his grades and add some weight. Junior college had to be paid for, and the native of Hollywood, Florida, also needed a place to live while trying to attract the attention of a Division I program.“So I had to get a job at Six Flags,” Brown said. “That was really to cover my rent. I had rent, and I had school to pay for. So that left me with about $20 for food. I mean, you can’t really do much with $20.”Brown stretched that $20 going to Family Dollar and stocking up on ramen noodles, cereal and frozen food. He ate at Six Flags when working to take advantage of discounted meals for employees. His junior college coach also helped.“My head coach, he brought cereal in for me, different type of foods just so I could have a meal,” said Brown, who brought that coach to Nashville to enjoy the draft that begins Thursday night.Brown earned his way to Oklahoma Devin Bush Jersey , where he didn’t have to worry about food in 2017 and 2018. Now he’s listed at 166 pounds and still light enough that some question whether the 5-foot-9 receiver can survive a 16-game NFL season. His answer? Just wait.“Going to the NFL getting more time, getting more development with nutrition and in the weight room, I feel like I’m going to put my body in the best shape,” Brown said.The backpacks will be delivered Friday morning as the NFL kicked off its community programs celebrating its 100th season. The Tennessee Titans, who helped lure this year’s draft to Nashville, also donated $50,000 each Wednesday to Second Harvest and the Bridge Ministry.Hearing how many children deal with hunger was surreal for Jacobs. That only reinforced his desire to help feed people once he’s in the NFL.First, he’s hoping to celebrate Thursday night with his family for the next step of his journey.“It’s definitely dope to experience all this together,” Jacobs said. “Everything that we experienced growing up and to be able to be on this stage … where I can take care of them for the rest of my life and change the culture of my family, change the narrative, it’s definitely huge for me.”
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.