logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

sneakersona
#1 Skrevet : 27. oktober 2020 10:10:35(UTC)
sneakersona

Rang: Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: sneakersona

It was always Harlem Fashion Row's intent to start a nonprofit, but I had no plans to do Golden Goose Mid Star it this year. "They've become my quarantine shoes," she says. But that's not the only thing that sets them apart in the very crowded sneaker space, which has acquired somewhat of a cult patina over the past few years.

As Coogan said at a preview screening at Cinepolis Chelsea GGDB Sneakers on Monday night-the audience included Winterbottom, Dermot Mulroney, Gina Gershon, Nikki M. There are a lot of great funds out there, but the designers that we work with don't qualify for some of those funds, so I wanted to create something that would specifically target designers of color and that would allow for funding at all levels of the business.

"We've done beautiful shows that I've been proud of, but the editors and the buyers are sitting at these shows that cost a fortune and then rushing off to 150 other shows for the next month," she says. Launched by Moscone and her sister, Francesca, in 2016, the Vancouver-born duo have achieved rapid success partly due to this intuitive ability to create the kind of timeless pieces that will stay in a woman's wardrobe year in, year out.

You know, when you think of Chuck Taylor's-it's probably the first shoe that had a name on it-I know that Chuck Taylor was a coach who played basketball (probably), but I don't know much about him. This fashion editor is a master at pulling references from all corners of the trend universe, past and present.

Every Black colleague and designer I've spoken with has felt the same way: heavy. And that scene in episode 6, "The Uncanny," where Robb's young Elena, way past her breaking point, tosses her china to the floor in a fit of panic and desperation? That's a side of the actress we've never seen before.

The fashion community is fairly desperate for an answer. Leave the surgical masks and N95s for the healthcare professionals and essential workers. There are two kinds of holiday hosts: the ones who let you slip past the welcome mat with your shoes on, and the ones who don't.

This year, fashion week travels are largely put on hold, and we're missing the social aspects we look forward to (like back-of-taxi show reviews and walking lunches) just as much as the actual shows. Despite the show's brief run between 2001 and 2003, its impact was paramount.

I think people are so afraid to get it wrong, so they stay frozen. And that scene in episode 6, "The Uncanny," where Robb's young Elena, way past Golden Goose her breaking point, tosses her china to the floor in a fit of panic and desperation? That's a side of the actress we've never seen before.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.