logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

upamfva
#1 Skrevet : 14. maj 2021 10:18:28(UTC)
upamfva

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: upamfva

Brexit Talks Continue But Johnson and EU Warn of Big Differences

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen used a phone call on Saturday to plot the way forward toward a Brexit deal, but said that large differences still need to be bridged if there is to be an agreement.To get more news about WikiFX, you can visit wikifx.com official website.
  The prime minister and the European Unions chief official will now allow their negotiators --David Frost for the U.K. and Michel Barnier for the EU -- to resume trade talks in London, in what a U.K. spokesman described as a redoubling of efforts. They had been paused since Thursday to enable the two sides to take stock.
  “Some progress has been made, but large differences remain especially on level playing field and fisheries,” von der Leyen said in a Tweet. “Our teams will continue working hard next week. We will remain in close contact in the next days.”
  Both the EU and U.K. have previously indicated that Nov. 15 is the very last moment a deal can be done if it is to be ratified by their respective parliaments before the post-Brexit transition period ends on Dec. 31 and the U.K. formally leaves the European single market.
  A statement from the U.K. echoed both the determination and the difficulties. Talks have been stuck for months on the key issues of the level playing field for business and access to British fishing waters.
  Prime Minister @BorisJohnson and Commission President @vonderleyen spoke today about our negotiations with the EU.
  My talks with @MichelBarnier will continue in London on Monday. pic.twitter.com/BfmJm7oVFD
  — David Frost (@DavidGHFrost) November 7, 2020
  “The Prime Minister set out that, while some progress had been made in recent discussions, significant differences remain in a number of areas, including the so-called level playing field and fish,” a U.K. government spokesperson said. Johnson and von der Leyen “agreed that their negotiating teams would continue talks in London next week, beginning on Monday, in order to redouble efforts to reach a deal,” the spokesperson said.
  After 14 straight days of negotiations, the two sides offered a downbeat assessment earlier this week on the state of play, with each blaming the other for the lack of progress. The talks are stuck on three big issues: the so-called level playing field for business, access to British fishing waters and how any potential deal is enforced.
  Returning to London tomorrow night. Negotiations will continue next week with @DavidGHFrost and the UK team to find an agreement that respects the interests and values of the EU and its 27 Member States. https://t.co/eDSzleyqoV
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.