logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

pysong
#1 Skrevet : 11. april 2023 06:16:32(UTC)
pysong

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered

scam-alert-payment-itunes-gift-card

The customer reports that some websites are requesting iTunes Gift Card codes as payment in exchange for products, physical and virtual.To get more news about itunes gift card, you can visit topuplive.com official website.

Our customers have provided the iTunes Gift Card codes and other similar emails such as this . Not only that they were cheated of their iTunes Gift Card codes, but they also did not get the products as described on the scam sites.

We would like to warn all customers to be wary of such sites and SEA Gamer Mall has no affiliation with these websites that offers iTunes codes trades or exchanges for physical and virtual products.

This scam is a very serious matter and SEA Gamer Mall would like to remind all customers to be cautious and buying only from trusted vendors or websites.

If you come across websites that request payment in form of iTunes Gift Card codes purchased from us in exchange for physical or virtual products, please contact our customer service via Live Chat immediately for assistance. Don’t get scammed!
Part of a class action lawsuit claiming Apple benefits from scammers who deceive consumers into making payments using iTunes gift cards has been dismissed by a California federal judge.
Consumers claim Apple refuses to combat the iTunes gift card scammers, arguing it declines to do so since it gets to keep 30% as a commission.
However, U.S. District Judge Edward J. Davila dismissed claims that Apple actively helps thieves trick consumers.
The judge determined consumers failed to plead that Apple had substantially helped or encouraged the scammers.
Apple remains on the hook for several claims that the company withheld stolen property by allegedly refusing to refund consumers who fell victim to iTunes gift card fraud.
The plaintiffs allege Apple knowingly enables scammers who trick their victims into paying large amounts of money via iTunes gift cards.

The complaint says Apple allows the scams to continue because the company allegedly keeps a 30% commission on the proceeds.

The class action lawsuit points out Apple has a website dedicated to the scams, but allegedly doesn’t do much to prevent them from happening, despite calling the scams “formulaic,” Tech Crunch reported.

The plaintiffs say in addition to keeping the commission, Apple retains iTunes gift card funds for four to six weeks before paying vendors, but then falsely tells the public the scammed money is “irretrievable,” according to Tech Crunch.

The gift card scam “deprives consumers of hundreds of millions of dollars or more,” the class action lawsuit states, adding that most people never report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

However, the complaint continues, the iTunes gift card scams that were reported to the FTC between 2015 and 2019 amounted to in excess of $93.5 million.

“These publicly reported dollar amounts include the losses of only the subset of victims who fill out a detailed online FTC form asking for their personal information. As a result, this $93.5 million figure appears to be only the tip of the iceberg,” the complaint says. “Even if only 10% of scam victims report to the FTC … the iTunes gift card scam would approach $1 billion, with Apple retaining $300 million in commissions.”
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.