logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

noticeinfo
#1 Skrevet : 2. marts 2023 05:48:54(UTC)
noticeinfo

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered

Ladies and gentlemen, it's the moment you've all been waiting for: John Breech Impostor Day. You know the drill. Your normal friendly mailman is taking a breather on this fine Wednesday (and, if we're being honest, probably pouring one out for ), so you're stuck with me -- Cody Benjamin, the man with two first names -- as we traverse all the latest from around the .This is the Pick Six Newsletter. And I am your guide. Now let's get to it. (And please, do yourself a favor and make sure you're ! You don't want to mi Shawn Kelley Jersey s our daily offerings of everything you need to know around the .)Today's show: Logical landing spots for top free agent QBsMost of the quarterback rumors early in the 2021 offseason have centered on veterans under contract -- guys such as and who've either been dealt or reportedly remain of interest on the trading block. But we can't forget about all the big names set to hit the open market when free agency officially begins March 17. On Wednesday's Pick Six NFL Podcast ( ), Ryan Wilson and John Breech sorted through to identify logical landing spots for each. to the as new backup? to the to compete with ? back to the as a stopgap succe sor to ? Breech and Wilson ran through dozens of po sibilities, but not a single QB intrigued them quite like the agele s . The veteran backup could be a prime target for New England, Wilson argued, but the most interesting fit might be in the NFC, with the . "He has a better arm than ," Wilson noted. "The Saints are at the top of my list (for him) now."Check out the full episode for more breakdowns of all the top veteran QBs set to hit the market, as well as analysis of future with .2. confirm will be back in 2021There figures to be plenty more quarterback movement this offseason, but the flurry of change isn't going to hit Pittsburgh. Steelers president Art Rooney II Wednesday that puts an end to weeks of speculation regarding longtime QB Ben Roethlisberger's future in Steel City: In other words, Ben is coming back. Rooney's statement included a direct admi sion that a restructure of Roethlisberger's lofty salary will be nece sary for the former champion to return, but we now have word from both parties -- with Ben's agent, Ryan Tollner, expre sing similar sentiments late Tuesday -- that 2020 was not Big Ben's final year in Pittsburgh, or the NFL.Is this good or bad news for the Steelers? That depends on what you think of Roethlisberger, who started hot in 2020 before folding during Pittsburgh's tumble into the playoffs. There's certainly a Yan Gomes Jersey case to be made that the Steelers were primed to begin somewhat of a reset in 2021, with Ben approaching 39. There's no debate, however, that Roethlisberger's supporting cast is due for a makeover, as our Bryan DeArdo outlines: 3. Free agency bonanza: rumors, suitors, and moreIt's impo sible to fit all of the latest offseason rumblings into six newsletter bullet points, so you know what? Let's cheat a little and consolidate a bunch into one. As free agency draws near, here's a roundup of all kinds of juicy rumors and positional breakdowns around Erick Fedde Jersey the league:Dolphins eyeing Aaron Jones: reports that the running back, who could set the 2021 market for free agents at his position, , and not only that, but has mutual interest in the AFC East contender.Allen Robinson landing spots: Where will the wide receiver land this offseason? We , from contenders to long shots. Among the projected front-runners for the No. 1 pa s catcher: The , Dolphins and Washington.Top free agent defensive backs: Our own Tyler Sullivan -- 10 cornerbacks and five safeties, as well as a bunch of honorable mentions -- on track to test free agency. The best of his list: and .Top free agent kickers and punters: Who better to handle this than John Breech, our resident special teams aficionado? He broke down the , including a recent Super Bowl champ, offering analysis for each.4. slams Washington Football Team: 'They didn't want me'One of the most inspiring NFL stories of 2020 was that of Alex Smith, who returned to the field after more than a year on the sidelines to help lead Washington Football Team to an NFC East title. Now more than a month removed from his NFL Comeback Player of the Year campaign, Smith has revealed that his journey back from a severe leg injury wasn't as hunky-dory as it may have seemed, primarily because of resistance from his own team. The veteran quarterback in a profile on Tuesday, saying neither team bra s nor coaches wanted him back: "They didn't want me to be on the team, the roster, didn't want to give me a chance ... It's like getting this close to the end line of a marathon and they're telling you that you can't finish the race. It's like, f--- that. I'm finishing this thing."On Wednesday, additional Daniel Hudson Jersey reports indicated that Smith's explosive comments toward the end of his 2020 season: When coach Ron Rivera suggested the team would've fared just as well with reserve under center, and when Washington deactivated him in favor of backup for Washington's lone playoff game. It's unclear whether Smith will be back in Washington in 2021 (the team can save nearly $15 million by cutting him this offseason), or return to the NFL at all, but it is clear that he battled internal opposition during an otherwise heralded return to action.5. Mock draft: make surprise pick, Saints Adam Eaton Jersey find new QB in Mac JonesFree agency will go a long way toward finalizing teams' draft plans, but it's hard not to keep looking ahead to April, especially with so much intrigue at QB near the top of the draft. We're thankful, then, for Chris Trapa so, who keeps churning out mock drafts like it's his job. (Turns out, it is his job!) In , he's got a couple of surprise QB picks in the NFC South -- one in the top five, and another near the back end of the first: ***6. immortal? could extend QB into his late 40sRemember when the seven-time Super Bowl champion stood on the championship podium and promised he'd be back for yet another season? It turns out he wasn't kidding -- and may have undersold his commitment to keep playing. Although Brady was always going to be ripe for a new contract entering 2021 because he signed just a two-year deal last offseason, Bucs general manager Jason Licht gave Tampa Bay fans reason to stick around for the long haul this week, telling that Brady could be playing for the Bucs into his late 40s:
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.