logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

noticeinfo
#1 Skrevet : 2. marts 2023 05:50:05(UTC)
noticeinfo

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered

When the take the field against the on Sunday afternoon, all eyes will be on and . It's what will happen in front of the former that might raise some eyebrows though, with the Cowboys looking Trevor Story Jersey to make a change on their offensive line they hope will give them a better chance at stealing a victory at Arrowhead Stadium. , the team's resident starter at left guard, will be replaced by , a talented former third-round pick who has been quietly improving in the background; and in a game that .The swap at left guard is a significant development for the Cowboys, and particularly for Williams, who is playing in the final year of his rookie deal and entered the 2021 season hoping to increase his value in Dallas. Instead, Williams was forced into a preseason experiment at center that was a complete failure before being moved back to left guard -- playing mostly well to this point.His Achilles heel, however, has been penalties that have routinely either killed drives and/or put the Cowboys offense in position to nearly lose critical games (e.g., in Week 6 against the ). To date, Williams has been flagged for 10 penalties for a total of 110 yards, league high numbers in both categories, eight of them being holding calls. For contrast, his 10 flags are more than twice as much as center (4), who is in only his second season and four more than (6), who is also in only Daniel Murphy Jersey his second year and despite having been thrust into the starting role at right tackle during the five-game suspension of .In other words, whether the penalties are all actual or not (spoiler: some aren't), Williams has put himself in the bad graces of head coach Mike McCarthy, and now he'll be benched because of it. McCarthy did note that both McGovern and Williams would play against the Chiefs, but not in what capacity -- presumably getting some fullback work that belonged to McGovern before now -- stopping short of naming the starter in Week 11.The latter mystery was solved by owner Jerry Jones who, not minutes later to 105.3FM the Fan, named McGovern starter. " Todd Helton Jersey Yeah, McGovern has had a frankly great fall and he has really impre sed," said Jones. "He certainly impre sed his teammates and coaches. This is a great opportunity for him. And he will really, I think, the way he's playing -- I think it says it all."I don't know when I can remember anybody as an offensive lineman getting the attention he's gotten as a lead blocker coming out of a special formation in DJ LeMahieu Jersey the backfield. He's doing it, not just with bulk, but he's doing it with feet. He's doing it with athletic ability. All of that is just intriguing when you think about it when he gets down in a regular offensive line position."I think he'll do well. He's earned it." One year ago, McGovern found himself starting at right guard due to a rash of O-line injuries that forced out to right tackle, and the then-rookie played well enough to make a name for himself in McCarthy's inaugural season in Dallas. Having done well at right guard, the Cowboys began testing him weeks ago at left guard, sending a me sage to Williams in the proce s. It's clear they don't feel Williams got the me sage, at least not in the realm of avoiding penalties, and so they'll now give the nod to McGovern -- in what will be his 10th NFL start but only second of the 2021 season.Should he perform well, it might be the swan song for Williams in Dallas, unle s he's fine with being demoted (permanently?), a move that will impact any potential contract talks in the offseason to Gerardo Parra Jersey come.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Guest (3)
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.