logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

noticeinfo
#1 Skrevet : 2. marts 2023 08:30:17(UTC)
noticeinfo

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered

GREEN BAY, Wis. The Minnesota Vikings have one of the top receivers in the NFL in Justin Jefferson. The Green Bay Packers have one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL not to mention the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL in Jaire Alexander.The NFL is a matchups league. Yet, the Packers didnt match Alexander on Jefferson. As a consequence, Jefferson caught Carnell Lake Jersey nine pa ses for 184 yards and two touchdowns as the Vikings rolled to a thorough 23-7 victory. . We did much better in the second half than in the first half. Why I wasnt on him, thats not my call. Anybody who watches me play, you know thats what I want.Why didnt Alexander get who he wanted?Defensive coordinator Joe Barry prefers a balanced approach to coverage. Last season, according to Sports Info Solutions, the Packers coverage rates were 55 percent zone and 30 percent man. (The other 15 percent came on quick pa ses in which the coverage alignment wasnt clear.)Its impo sible to have one defender follow one receiver in Cameron Sutton Jersey zone. Imagine the chaos of Jefferson motioning from the numbers on the right side of the field to the numbers on the left side of the field, with Alexander going all the way acro s the field and the other cornerbacks moving to new areas, as well. The only way to have Alexander vs. Jefferson is to play man. Thats doable the Packers have the horsepower at cornerback to make it work but that hasnt been Barrys preference. Scroll to ContinueI think if you watched the game, there were many times throughout Rocky Bleier Jersey the course of that game where it wasnt just a single motion, it was a double motion. Right? coach Matt LaFleur said on Monday. So now, youre talking about trailing a guy, whatever it may be, but you would have to commit to man coverage. I dont know how else you get it done.Having a receiver like Jefferson, who can dominate from the outside or in the slot, is a real X-factor for an offense. The usage of Jefferson on Sunday gave Green Bay a taste of its own medicine.They did a great job game-planning and moving Jefferson around, and they put him in some opportune spots, LaFleur continued. And there were certain coverages where theyre going to have the advantage on. I think its very similar to how we used Davante (Adams) a year ago. When you have a premier player like that who has the versatility and the route ability to run many different routes, thats a huge advantage for an offense.If Barry doesnt want to commit to full-time man coverage, the middle ground would be playing a lot of man on key downs. On third down, for instance, Jefferson had two catches of 20-plus yards. He added a touchdown on fourth down. Yeah, potentially, absolutely, LaFleur said Javon Hargrave Jersey when asked if that could be the approach against marquee receivers. I think thats something well talk about each and every week, and every weeks a little bit different.Scheme and game plan is only one part of it. Ultimately, it boils down to executing whatever play is called. With a secondary of Alexander, Eric Stokes, Rasul Douglas and safeties Adrian Amos and Darnell Savage, theres no excuse for the coverage breakdowns. Jefferson is a great player but he didnt have to make a lot of great plays to pile up his NFL-high yardage total. Time and again, he found Anthony Chickillo Jersey himself wide open through Green Bays zones.Im not trying to make excuses. Thats not what Im trying to do, LaFleur said. But thats just the facts. And, bottom line, whoevers on him, weve got to perform better.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.