logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Log ind or Registrering.

Notifikation

Icon
Error

upamfva
#1 Skrevet : 23. juli 2021 04:49:54(UTC)
upamfva

Rang: Advanced Member

Gruppe: Registered
Sted: upamfva

Nameplate Necklaces Have a History Beyond Carrie Bradshaw

Like a laundry list of other ’90s and early ’00s-inspired fashion trends, nameplate necklaces are back for another moment of mainstream glory. Most recently, mentions of its resurgence often point to off-duty model looks à la Emily Ratajkowski, Bella Hadid, and Kaia Gerber—meanwhile. during the early aughts, Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw was dubbed the style’s pioneer. In reality, while it’s easy to see the stylistic appeal of the customizable, oftentimes-minimalist jewelry piece, its origins exceed the triviality of aesthetics and A-list models. Instead, the nameplate necklace actually rose to prominence in the ’80s and ’90s as a symbol of identity in Black and Hispanic communities.To get more news about Necklace with Picture Inside, you can visit koalaprint.com official website.

Derivative of hip hop culture in the Black community, a group whose birth names are often delegitimized and discriminated against from school environments to the workplace, nameplate necklaces emerged as an act of pride and taking up space when it was, in many other ways, hard to do so. In the Hispanic-American communities, nameplates have often been described as emblems of girlhood or coming-of-age, wherein many may have received nameplate bracelets as babies, and later, necklaces to mark other age-specific milestones such as Quinceañeras.

Since, personalized necklaces have evolved to include other tokens of identification, from zodiac signs to dates of birth. While the fashion statement is indeed more than a trend, there’s no harm in joining in on the fun while keeping the knowledge of its history at top of mind. Ahead, explore 10 of the best nameplate necklaces available at every price point. Spoiler alert: None of them are called the “Carrie Necklace,” and that’s exactly how it should be. Want a super nostalgic feel? This style from Layers of Jewelry features script font and a dainty underline detail that’s sure to take you right back to the ’90s. Choose from gold or silver finishes, and style yours with a white scoop-neck tank and jeans for an easy off-duty look.

Initial necklaces offer a more subtle alternative to displaying your identity, and this diamond iteration from Mateo makes for an elevated, evening-ready option. Pair yours with a set of diamond drop earrings and a lavish sweetheart-cut cocktail dress, so that all eyes are drawn right to your sparkling talisman.

Birth year necklaces have risen to popularity in recent years, adding another layer to the story that your bijoux are telling. That said, the Varsity-lettered style plays the perfect complement to your nameplate or initial pendants. Add your date plate into your rotation, and style with gold hoops and a bikini for a gilded beach moment.
There’s arguably no better way to display pride in your name than by rendering it entirely in diamonds. Babygold’s spin on the trend does just that, employing a delicate script font that’s made for the dainty jewelry fan. Pair it with a simple black blazer, a miniskirt and pumps for drinks with friends, or for a dinner date with someone special.
This double initial necklace can act as a tribute to both your first and last name—or, you can pair your initial with that of someone else close to you, like a parent, friend or partner. To amplify the playful heart motif, layer it with your most colorful baubles and finish the look with a mini sundress and raffia slides from now to Labor Day.

A longtime favorite in the jewelry space, birthstone necklaces have evolved into zodiac plates—which, depending on your birth month, may actually act as a more neutral styling option. The Dream’s collection of astrological plate necklaces come in a stylized gothic font that pairs perfectly with chain-link necklaces. Style yours with leather pants and combat boots for an alt-girl-approved look.
Brugere som besøger dette emne nu:
Hop til Forum  
Du kan ikke skrive nye indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke svare på indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke slette dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke ændre dine indlæg i dette forum.
Du kan ikke lave afstemninger i dette forum.
Du kan ikke stemme i dette forum.